Banana BreadCourse: BreadCuisine: BakingDifficulty: Beginner
Who doesnt love banana bread with this recipe make it right in your slow cooker!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups raw bananas (2 or 3 bananas)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the electric beater on low, fluff the shortening in a small bowl, until soft and creamy. Add the sugar gradually.
- Beat in the eggs in a slow stream.With a fork, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 the bananas another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the rest of the bananas then the last of the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Turn into a greased and floured baking unit or a 2 1/2-quart mold and cover. Place on a rack in the crockpot. Cover the crockpot, but prop the lid open with a wooden pick or a twist of foil to let the excess steam escape. Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Get 50 Slow Cooker recipe Ebook Here!
- These make great gifts for the holidays when visiting family. Use the Get Ingredient button to add these to walmart or a local grociery store and have it delivered or ready curb side!