Oh. Yes. I. Did. This was so so fun to make. Everyone loved it and I was so surprised that it tasted great too!! Each sodas flavor came through (unlike when you bake them) and the colors were vivid! Highly recommended especially if you like moist cakes!
CrockPot Soda CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: intermediate
Crockpot Soda Cake recipe that the family will love.
1 CUP of the following any soda you’d like to add
2 White Cake Mixes (plus the ingredients required)
2 Cans of Icing (We used cream cheese)
- Mix the white mix and it’s ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Grease the crockpot and add mix
- Bake until a toothpick comes out on clean (in my crock it’s about 1 1/2 hours on high)
- Let the cake rest for 30 minutes
- Slice the cake into strips depending on how many sodas you have
- Mix soda with a small amount (3-5 drops) of food coloring for vivi
- Treat the cake like a dulce-de-leche cake and add soda on top of pieces in bowls
Put back together and FREEZE for 2 hours
- One the soda has set, ice the cake and refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to serve!
- Order Ingredients below online with curbside or home delivery.
This cake was super simple to make with few ingredients!
My cake baked in my crockpot in about 90 minutes
Mix ONE CUP of soda and food coloring in a separate bowl to bring out the vivid color, then add to the cake
Leave in the bowl for about 5-15 minutes. It doesn’t take long at all. This is the dangerous stage, if you leave them to long, the cake will fall apart when you go to remove it. (Be careful!!)
Put them back together and FREEZE. I froze mine for about 2 hours until the soda set. This allows you to ice the cake with ease!
Doesn’t it look pretty, no one would ever know the surprise that lay underneath!
And voila! You’ve got a cake!! If you want to try a suicide cake (mixing all sodas at one) just take a small slice and try it!! Some say that mixing all the sodas amounts to a suicide cake I say yummy in cake form!! Enjoy!!