Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup is great for low-carb or low-glycemic diets. However, if you’re strictly following the South Beach Diet you’ll want to use lower-fat dairy products, use olive oil instead of butter, and maybe limit the amount of bacon or use turkey bacon.
Low-Carb Loaded InstantPot Cauliflower SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: American
2 T butter or olive oil
1 cups large head of cauliflower leaves and stem removed and the rest coarsely chopped. (About 7-8chopped cauliflower. You can use the core.)
3 cups chicken stock (I would use flavorful homemade chicken stock or chicken stock from a carton) plus a little more to thin soup if needed, 24 oz.
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 oz. cream cheese cut into cubes
1 cup grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup half and half cream, or milk
extra grated sharp cheddar or extra sharp cheddar cheese
8-10 in strips bacon cooked crisp and crumbled (We used pre-cooked bacon and cooked itthe microwave.)
thinly sliced green onions
- Chop up the onion and the cauliflower.
- Melt butter or heat oil in the instant pot on the SAUTE setting and cook onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chopped cauliflower, chicken stock, garlic powder, and salt.
- Lock the lid, use the MANUAL setting and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- While the soup cooks, prepare the cream cheese cubes, grated sharp cheddar, and cream (or use milk or half and half), as well as the additional cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions for toppings.
- Turn the Instant Pot to KEEP WARM setting and use an immersion blender (affiliate link) to puree the soup to your desired consistency.
- Check to see if you want to add a little more chicken stock to thin the soup (or reduce the liquid on the SAUTE setting if it’s too thin).
- Add the cheese and cream cheese, let it melt, and stir to combine.
- Then stir in the half and half, heat through, and season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper. (Taste before you add more salt.)
- Serve Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup hot with grated cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions to add at the table.
- Remember the “GET INGREDIENT BUTTON” below allows you to purchase your items from Walmart and have it deliver if they offer it in your area, if not then curbside pickup!