keto chili two ways
2 1/2 lb Ground beef
1/2 large large Onion chopped
8 cloves garlic minced
2 15- oz can Diced tomatoes with liquid
1 6- oz can tomato paste
1 4- oz can Green chiles with liquid
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp Dried oregano
2 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Black pepper
1 medium Bay leaf optional
- In a skillet over medium to high heat, cook your chopped onions for 5-10 minutes, until translucent (or increase the time to about 20 minutes if you like them caramelized while lowering the heat to make sure not to burn them). Add the garlic and cook for a minute or less, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula or until nice and browned.
- Then you want to Transfer the ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients, except for your bay leaf, and stir until it to combine. Place the bay leaf into the middle of the pot, if you plan on using it. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. If you used a bay leaf, remove it before serving.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker instructions Select the “Sauté” setting on the pressure cooker (this part is done without the lid). Add the chopped onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until translucent (or increase the time to about 20 minutes if you like them caramelized). Add the garlic and cook for a minute or less, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except bay leaf, to the Instant Pot and stir until combined. (For the Instant Pot version, it is recommended to also add a cup of water or broth.) Place the bay leaf into the middle, if using. Close the lid. Press “Keep Warm/Cancel” to stop the saute cycle. Select the “Meat/Stew” setting (35 minutes) to start pressure cooking. Wait for the natural release if you can, or turn the valve to “vent” for quick release if you’re short on time. If you used a bay leaf, remove it before serving.